26.3.14

#1 First Picture

March 2005

Aw! Look at us! So young! Sigh!

Okay! Snap out of it! We  are not that old!

And the important thing is, it feels like we've just gotten married last year and we are about to celebrate our first anniversary!

Drum roll....

Reality throws us back a hundred feet when we see our daughter  jumping on the sofa and our son chasing his own shadow and bumping his head on dangerous corners!

Meh!....Life!!!

But we are so glad that we've made it so far. We've been together since 2004 and this is our the tenth year together. We got hitched on 2005.

This photo was taken in 2005. For my husband's birthday I wanted to gift him a photo of us in a fancy frame and of course a very romantic poem was written by me as well. I didn't want to tell him why I wanted to take this picture and I told him that I just wanted a picture of us together. Oh yeah, I gave myself away when I smiled when he  looked at me. He chose to hide the fact that he knew I was up to something and played dumb! I love you so much. 

Now when I look back, I remember missing him so much when I was at work, texting him every morning and every night! Those were the good old days! We were so smitten that we got married after one year of dating. I still do miss him when we are at work and now we don't have to send text messages at night! Instead we spend some time before we sleep catching up on each other's day and simply talking before we sleep. Yeah, we are happy just like we were in those days...it's actually happier now that we've been together  for so long and created a family together. 

So I believe you'd want to know what happened to the birthday gift...right! Well, I've put it in  box and hidden it because I don't want it to break! When my youngest turns 15 perhaps, all the photo frames would be dug out from it's hiding places and displayed like they used to be! 

4 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    May god bless u n ur little family ... love u all beeeeg.. :*

  2. Unknown said...

    -aleema-

  3. Unknown said...

    May Allah bless ur happy family! Wish u happiness!! U r doing a grt work!!!😊

  4. Aishaz said...

    Thank you Aleema and Ainthu :D