21.7.14

Second Birthday!

I can't believe it but yes! My son turned 2 on July 16th. How time flies!

Of course we celebrated his birthday at home. Dhonthi was so excited! I made a special cake too. And don't forget the wonderful presents given by Thuthi, Dhonthi and Dhonbe! We love you so much Mummu. 

He loves to take selfies! 


Ithidhaadhey thoo loo! (happy birthday to you)

Yes, he sang happy birthday for himself and was so pleased because finally it was his birthday that we celebrated. 

Two years ago on July 16th we went for a little shopping spree in the afternoon. Yeah, I was 8 months pregnant and my due date was close. I had some stuff to buy and we walked from my house in maafannu to Dine More Central restaurant in Majeedheemagu! 

I wanted to walk home but my husband insisted that we take a taxi home. I came home, prayed and then lay down because I was really exhausted. And that's when my water broke. I took a quick shower because I might be in labour for hours and quickly went to the hospital. 

I was in the labour room for about an hour and delivered! Phew! After an hour I got to hold my little baby in my arms. The nurse had cleaned up my little boy and dressed him up nicely. He had such huge pretty eyes and looked straight into my eyes. Words cannot describe how happy my husband I were. Together we held his tiny little hand and his grip was so strong. We were the happiest couple in the world. 

Everything happened so quickly that no one was able to come to the hospital on time.

I just wish that we could slow down a bit and cuddle some more and tickle your tummy or simply chase you around the house. When we celebrate birthdays we realise how quickly time passes and it seems like it was just yesterday that I held the little new born Mummu in my arms and now its almost time for him to start preschool! This is not fair! I want to carry you around some more! 

                                     

We wish you all the happiness in the world and may Allah bless you my dearest little boy. 

We love you so much sweet Mummu. 


0 comments :